Can't Edit Candidate smsOptIn

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

jasonjakes
User

Can't Edit Candidate smsOptIn

Post by jasonjakes »

When trying to update the Candidate (and most likely Contact and Lead) smsOptIn field I receive the following error.
"errorMessage": "Unable to perform action due to missing entitlement for property smsOptIn",
"errorMessageKey": "errors.entitlements.missingActionEntitlement",
"errorCode": 403

Which leads me to believe there is a user type entitlement controlled by Bullhorn that is limiting this action. Is that the case and if so, what is the user type entitlement that needs to be updated so I can resolve through Support? OR is an update to the smsOptIn not actually possible through the REST APIs?

Thanks, Jason
lciastko
User

Re: Can't Edit Candidate smsOptIn

Post by lciastko »

Hi Jason!

This is Lindsay from Bullhorn Support.

The smsOptIn Field is read-only and cannot be updated via REST API.

If a particular person would like to opt back in, you can have a Bullhorn Account or Support Contact create a ticket for support requesting that this person be opted back in.

With this, they will need to attach written authorization to the ticket.
jasonjakes
User

Post by jasonjakes »

Lindsay,
I know we can update that field directly through the Bullhorn SOAP API's. It's just cumbersome to have to use separate APIs and Credentials just to update this one field. Is it on the roadmap to allow for the update of the smsOptIn field via REST.
lciastko
User

Post by lciastko »

Hi again,

Unfortunately, it is not on the roadmap to add to REST API.

There is no concrete reasoning as to why this is possible in SOAP. The reasoning that it isn't possible in REST is due to some privacy concerns especially when opting back in.

I will try to put this in as a feature request for REST to be able to edit the SMS Opt In field for you, but I cannot make any promises that this is on the horizon.

Have a great day!
Lindsay
jasonjakes
User

Post by jasonjakes »

Lindsay,
Thanks for the follow up and I will hope for the addition to the roadmap in the future.