workflow for bullhorn integration

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

gswartz777
User

workflow for bullhorn integration

Post by gswartz777 »

I'm trying to figure out the basic workflow for getting our integration working properly with bullhorn. I'm trying to follow this guide - http://bullhorn.github.io/Custom-Tabs-and-Menu-Actions/ The plan was that the bullhorn user would click a link that would load a page on our site in the iframe. That page would allow them to select a job, candidate, company and contacts from their bullhorn data to send to us. But, somewhere before all of that we need to get the OAuth set up.

So, here's what I'm envisioning.... please let me know if this is the right approach.

When our page loads in the iframe, according to the guide linked above, it looks like bullhorn will use a link with the user's credentials from our side so we can identify who they are. Our system should look to see if we have an access token and refresh token saved for them. If so, get a new access token with the refresh token and assuming that all works fine, present them with the screen where they can start selecting their data.

If we don't have anything stored for them for tokens, we need to present them with a login page where they provide their bullhorn credentials and then we start the authorization process as outlined here - http://bullhorn.github.io/Getting-Started-with-REST/

Is that all correct? Thanks.

ggaragiola
User

Re: workflow for bullhorn integration

Post by ggaragiola »

Hello,

This is Grant from Bullhorn Support.

This all sounds correct to me. If you run into any issues please reach out to our support team who could provide you with a client ID and secret and add redirect URI's.

Support Phone Numbers:
Bullhorn Support US: 617-478-9126
Bullhorn Support UK: 44 (0)800 131 0842
Bullhorn Support Australia: 61 28 073 5089
Bullhorn Support International: 617-478-9131

gswartz777
User

Post by gswartz777 »

Thanks. I reached out to our partner manager for info on requesting that info. Just waiting to hear back.

gswartz777
User

Post by gswartz777 »

Our partner manager has told me that our customer needs to request the oauth credentials. This doesn't make sense that we would have to have one of our customers reach out to bullhorn to get a client_id and secret for us to develop an application. If she's referring to the oauth token when they login, that makes sense, but we first need our client_id, secret and redirect uri to get started which I would expect us to get from bullhorn.

On the rest api page it says "Bullhorn customers can obtain OAuth keys for developing applications with the Bullhorn REST API by creating a support ticket via the Bullhorn Resource Center." I'm not exactly sure where this resource center is. From within bullhorn I tried going to Menu>Resources>Contact Support but when I do I get redirected to an sso error page - https://help.bullhorn.com/s/ssoerror Can you give me anymore information on getting this set up so I can work on setting up the oath authorization? Thank you.