custom tab per user or per firm?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

gswartz777
User

custom tab per user or per firm?

Post by gswartz777 »

Bullhorn has set up two accounts for our sandbox account. One as an admin and another as a standard user. Logged in as the admin, I created a custom tab with a url that has the id from our system that is specific to that user. When I then login as the standard user, I cannot add the tab... apparently that functionality is only available to the admin user. However, the tab still shows up but now it's using the id of the admin user since that's how the url was set up. Is that the way this works?

For us that's a problem because that would cause our integration to be a firm level integration instead of unique to each firm user. If that's the case, then each time a user clicks the link, we'd need to ask them for their email from our system to know who they are. I know I can store that info in a cookie or something to keep from having to do it each time, but it'd be better if we're able to have each user's url as unique.

bbagwell
User

Re: custom tab per user or per firm?

Post by bbagwell »

This forum is for API related questions. It would be best to submit a ticket for this inquiry. Please see https://help.bullhorn.com/s/article/Sub ... 1819187355 for instructions on doing so.

bbagwell
User

Re: custom tab per user or per firm?

Post by bbagwell »

It is not possible to change the URL to be unique for each user through view layout.  The URL is global for all users.