Name on Contact not saving as expected

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

mkrempec
User

Name on Contact not saving as expected

Post by mkrempec »

I am adding a new contact to my account via the Rest API and I'm having an issue saving the name. When I submit the contact, the name field appears to be empty on the Contacts page. When I click on the record, or hit the edit icon next to that name field on the table, the First Name and Last Name fields are filled in as expected, but that's not translating to the list. If I hit that edit icon and hit save, the record now displays the name as expected. Is there something missing in my JSON?

"{\"firstName\":\"Joe\",\"lastName\":\"Shmoe\",\"occupation\":\"Test Title\",\"email\":\"test@email.com\",\"phone\":\"2222222222\",\"massMailOutput\":true,\"numEmployees\":0,\"preferredContact\":\"Email\",\"status\":\"Active\",\"clientCorporation\":{\"id\":\"1\"}}"

Any help would be appreciated!
bbagwell
User

Re: Name on Contact not saving as expected

Post by bbagwell »

Hello!

Per http://bullhorn.github.io/rest-api-docs ... entcontact you will want to use the name String. This field is a combination of the first and last name and not using it would result in the behavior you are seeing. To test this, you can update the contact record within Bullhorn and the name field is then modified to combine the first and last fields.

Code: Select all

name	
String (100)	
ClientContact’s full name. Should be a combination of the firstName and lastName fields separated by a space. Notes: If you create a ClientContact with no value in the name field, users will have no way to select that ClientContact in the Bullhorn staffing application. If you create or modify a ClientContact name that is not a combination of the firstName and lastName fields, the name will be overwritten when a user saves the ClientContact in the Bullhorn staffing application. The name will change to a combination of the firstName and lastName fields.