Getting "TOO_MUCH_DATA_REQUESTED" warning when querying

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

cyclrPatrick
User

Getting "TOO_MUCH_DATA_REQUESTED" warning when querying

Post by cyclrPatrick »

Hi

I am trying to get around the deprecation of the "*" wildcard, and so am now entering all of the fields in the fields query parameter instead of simply using an asterisk to select all fields.
When sending the following request:

Code: Select all

/query/Appointment?BhRestToken=REDACTED&start=0&count=100&fields=id,appointmentUUID,candidateReference,childAppointments,clientContactReference,communicationMethod,dateAdded,dateBegin,dateEnd,dateLastModified,editHistory,guests,isAllDay,isDeleted,isPrivate,jobOrder,jobSubmission,lead,location,notificationMinutes,owner,parentAppointment,placement,recurrenceDayBits,recurrenceFrequency,recurrenceMax,recurrenceMonthBits,recurrenceStyle,recurrenceType,showTimeAs,subject,timeZoneID,type&where=dateLastModified > 0 and dateAdded < 0
I get the following warning:

Code: Select all

"messages":[{"detailMessage":"The requested number of to-many field queries exceeds the maximum of 200. The number of queries equals the count value times the number of to-many fields requested in the fields query parameter.","severity":"WARNING","type":"TOO_MUCH_DATA_REQUESTED"}]}
I would like all of the data that is requested in the fields parameter. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Patrick
tluczak
User

Re: Getting "TOO_MUCH_DATA_REQUESTED" warning when querying

Post by tluczak »

Hi Patrick,

This issue is due to trying to return too much data due to the to-many fields as the error suggests. We have a hard limit in REST of returning 200 to-many associations per call. When you include three or more to-many fields we restrict the return based on the number of to-many fields requested. The results will be truncated as the limit is on the fields, not the number of associations returned. I would suggest lowering your count parameter to 50.
cyclrPatrick
User

Post by cyclrPatrick »

tluczak wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:53 pm Hi Patrick,

This issue is due to trying to return too much data due to the to-many fields as the error suggests. We have a hard limit in REST of returning 200 to-many associations per call. When you include three or more to-many fields we restrict the return based on the number of to-many fields requested. The results will be truncated as the limit is on the fields, not the number of associations returned. I would suggest lowering your count parameter to 50.
Thanks tluczak, that fixed the problem.
bbagwell
User

Post by bbagwell »

Thank you for letting us know!