Event Subscriptions for Non-Desired Entities and Phantom Candidates -- Sometimes Initiated by Non-Existent Users

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

groganzola
User

Event Subscriptions for Non-Desired Entities and Phantom Candidates -- Sometimes Initiated by Non-Existent Users

Post by groganzola »

Hi All -

I established a subscription that listens for events on the Candidate entity:

Code: Select all

PUT https://{{bh_rest_api_url}}/{{bh_corp_token}}/event/subscription/my_candidate_subscription?type=entity&names=Candidate&eventTypes=INSERTED,UPDATED,DELETED&BhRestToken={{bh_rest_token}}
When I perform a GET for this subscription...

Code: Select all

GET https://{{bh_rest_api_url}}/{{bh_corp_token}}/event/subscription/my_candidate_subscription?BhRestToken={{bh_rest_token}}&maxEvents=100
1) I'm receiving events for JobSubmissions, Notes, EditUserHistory, etc entities -- for more than the candidate entity.
2) I'm also receiving events for phantom candidates that don't exist (e.g. candidate ID 1,112,345) when our most recent applicant is 330,575. (Commas added for clarity)
3) Some of the phantom events name person IDs (CorporateUsers) that don't exist.

It's a bit disconcerting. Has anyone encountered such problems with subscriptions? This is happening frequently.

Though I can filter out events for entities other than the desired Candidate entity, the latter two issues make it difficult to discern true errors from false positives.

Thank you.

(Note that the doubly curly bracketed variables are Postman environment variables.)
bbagwell
User

Re: Event Subscriptions for Non-Desired Entities and Phantom Candidates -- Sometimes Initiated by Non-Existent Users

Post by bbagwell »

Hi there!

Would you be able to submit a support ticket with specific examples and the data your getting back? This will allow us to better troubleshoot the issue you are having. I don't want you to post any sensitive data on the forum.
groganzola
User

Re: Event Subscriptions for Non-Desired Entities and Phantom Candidates -- Sometimes Initiated by Non-Existent Users

Post by groganzola »

I opened Ticket 04200058 on this issue almost two weeks ago. I was hoping someone on this forum had observed and found resolution to these issues.
bbagwell
User

Post by bbagwell »

I see this is assigned to an analyst and I have reached out requesting they provide an update to you. I do see the analyst emailed you on 10/2. Please reply to that email with any questions.