Bullhorn Data Access and Sandbox Questions

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

jshuster
User

Bullhorn Data Access and Sandbox Questions

Post by jshuster »

I am developer with a Bullhorn account that allows me API access. The account is currently configured to query Sandbox data.

I am attempting to integrate this API with a 3rd party client, who would like to use my website to add Leads and Candidates to their Bullhorn ATS. Answers to the following would be appreciated.
  • Question 1: The client provided me with a set of Bullhorn credentials, including a client ID and secret, that are separate and distinct from my existing credentials. Must I use the client’s credentials to query/modify the client’s ATS data? Or, can I use my existing set of credentials to accomplish this?
  • Question 2: If I am able to use my own credentials to query/modify the client’s data, how do I specifically target just the client's data when I make API calls? I assume I will need to query data with the client’s “clientCorporation.Id”. How do I get this id?
  • Question 3: When my integration is ready to deploy in production, what steps will I need to take to stop querying data from the sandbox and start querying production data?
Thanks in advance.
ggaragiola
User

Re: Bullhorn Data Access and Sandbox Questions

Post by ggaragiola »

Hello,

This is Grant from Bullhorn Support.

If I am understanding your questions correctly:

1. You must use the credentials your client sent you, as those are the ones directly tied to that database (Sandbox). Your existing credentials could be connected to a completely separate database or those credentials could not have all the Permissions needed

2. Kinda similar to the above. API Username and Password are tied to only one database. So those credentials only affect that database.

3. When ready for production you will need to reach out to the client, who will then need to request a new API Username and Password that is in their production database

Thank you,

Bullhorn Support
jshuster
User

Re: Bullhorn Data Access and Sandbox Questions

Post by jshuster »

Thanks Grant,

That clears everything up.

-Jack