Create entity and update it questions.

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

dongovor
User

Create entity and update it questions.

Post by dongovor »

Hi all.
1. When I'm trying to create an entity using {restUrl}/entity/Candidate with payload received from resume/parseToCandidateViaJson?format=text&populateDescription=text and empty entity creates and in response I'm receiving some warnings:

Code: Select all

"changedEntityType":"Candidate",
   "changedEntityId":[someId],
   "changeType":"INSERT",
   "messages":[
      {
         "detailMessage":"unknown property: confidenceScore",
         "propertyName":"confidenceScore",
         "severity":"WARNING",
         "type":"UNKNOWN_PROPERTY"
      },
      {
         "detailMessage":"unknown property: candidate",
         "propertyName":"candidate",
         "severity":"WARNING",
         "type":"UNKNOWN_PROPERTY"
      },
2. If I'm passing only the "candidate" object then an entity normally created but without education, work experience, etc.
So I wanted to update that information using entity/CandidateEducation/{entity_id} (for example) with json extracted from previous steps:

"candidateEducation": [
    {
      "startDate": 94755600000,
      "endDate": 189363600000,
      "graduationDate": 189363600000,
      "school": "West Valley College",
      "degree": "Associate of Science"
    },
    {
      "startDate": -31474800000,
      "endDate": 94755600000,
      "graduationDate": 94755600000,
      "school": "Leigh High School",
      "degree": "Diploma"
    }
  ]
After POST I'm receiving:

{
   "changedEntityType":"CandidateEducation",
   "changedEntityId":[candidateId],
   "changeType":"UPDATE",
   "data":{
      "startDate":94755600000,
      "endDate":189363600000,
      "graduationDate":189363600000,
      "school":"West Valley College",
      "degree":"Associate of Science"
   }
But education not updated.
Would be glad if someone can point me how to solve any of those problems or any advice on where to dig)
jenmays
User

Re: Create entity and update it questions.

Post by jenmays »

1. It looks like an issue with "unknown property: confidenceScore." Is this a customText field or a customObject? It may need to be referenced differently.

2. It looks like the startDate for the high school reference has a negative integer. That could be the reason why it wasn't updated.
dongovor
User

Re: Create entity and update it questions.

Post by dongovor »

jenmays wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 am 1. It looks like an issue with "unknown property: confidenceScore." Is this a customText field or a customObject? It may need to be referenced differently.
Let me describe you my steps:
I. POST /resume/convertToText?format=pdf with the pdf file from indeed;
II. Use response from step I (replacing "text" to "resume") as a JSON payload for resume/parseToCandidateViaJson?format=text&populateDescription=text;
III. Use response result from step II as a JSON payload for entity/Candidate.
So all those unknown properties are objects in the JSON which I'm receiving from the bullhorn.
Here is JSON example after PDF parsing:

{
  "confidenceScore": "58.33",
  "candidate": {
    "name": "Randall Bollentino",
    "address": {
      "address1": null,
      "address2": null,
      "city": "Capitola",
      "state": "CA",
      "zip": null,
      "countryID": 1,
      "countryName": null,
      "countryCode": null,
      "timezone": null,
      "latitude": null,
      "longitude": null
    },
    "occupation": "Customer Service, Prep and Detail",
    "companyName": "Verips Construction",
    "firstName": "Randall",
    "lastName": "Bollentino",
    "description": "Randall Bollentino\r\nCustomer Service, Prep and Detail - Verips Construction\r\nCapitola, CA\r\n-Email me on Indeed: http://www.indeed.com/r/Randall-Bollentino/8cf0d6074ea2450f\r\n\r\nTo obtain a position as an Assistant Superintendent in a well established Construction Company.\r\n\r\n\r\nWork Experience\r\n\r\nCustomer Service, Prep and Detail\r\nVerips Construction\r\n2010 to Present\r\nof single family homes and Multi-Family homes. Continuing quality standards set by contractor to achieve\r\nquality orientation walk thrus with home owners. Changed out defective lighting fixtures as well as\r\ndimmer switches. Resolved basic plumbing defects and complies home owner warrenty packages prior\r\nto walk thru.\r\n\r\nCustomer Service Tech/Prep-Detail\r\nHome Site Services\r\n2010 to 2010\r\nWorking exclusively for Ponderosa Homes. Detailing single family homes to established standards and\r\nalso working with Quality Control, to establish quality home building. Also working with other major homes\r\nto resolve home-owner concerns due to trade defects or other concerns.\r\n\r\nCustomer Service/Prep-Detail\r\nPro-Finish\r\n2006 to 2009\r\nWorked exclusively for Ponderosa Homes. Detailing homes to company established standards. Worked\r\nwith the Customer Service Department in resolving home owner concerns.\r\n\r\nNew Home Representative\r\nStandard Pacific Homes\r\n2003 to 2006\r\nin charge of new home walks, orientations, and the delivery of the home to the Buyers. In charge of\r\ncorporate walk through, coordinated Sub Contractor Schedules to meet deadlines and cost expenditures.\r\nPromoted to Quality Assurance Inspector, and Corporate Trainer in the Field for the back end of home\r\nconstruction.\r\n\r\nAssistant Superintendent\r\nSignature Properties\r\n2001 to 2003\r\nRun Back End in Single and Multiple Family Developments. Customer Walk Through, coordinate Sub\r\nContractor Schedules to meet deadlines and cost expenditures.\r\nCustomer Service Representative\r\nWilliam Lyons Homes\r\n2000 to 2001\r\nConducted Home Owner Walk Throughs. Scheduled Sub Contractor to resolve issues from Home Owner\r\nWalk as well as Customer Service items.\r\n\r\nCustomer Service Representative\r\nWilliam Lyons Homes\r\n1999 to 2000\r\nResolved any problems with Walk Throughs, Detailed homes to Developer Satisfaction, and New Home\r\nOwner Satisfaction. Recruited to William Lyons Homes.\r\n\r\n\r\nEducation\r\n\r\nAssociate of Science\r\nWest Valley College - Saratoga, CA\r\n1973 to 1976\r\n\r\nDiploma\r\nLeigh High School - San Jose, CA\r\n1969 to 1973\r\n\r\n\r\nAdditional Information\r\n\r\nQualifications: High energy, responsible Asst. Superintendent. Trained in Back End Construction,\r\nCustomer Service, and Detail skills. Reads Blue Prints, and has good computer skills. Good\r\ncommunication skills, particular strengths: Home Owner Walk Through, Great Sub Contractor relations.",
    "onboardingReceivedSent": {
      "onboardingDocumentReceivedCount": null,
      "onboardingDocumentSentCount": null
    },
    "editHistoryValue": "Randall Bollentino"
  },
  "candidateEducation": [
    {
      "startDate": 94755600000,
      "endDate": 189363600000,
      "graduationDate": 189363600000,
      "school": "West Valley College",
      "degree": "Associate of Science"
    },
    {
      "startDate": -31474800000,
      "endDate": 94755600000,
      "graduationDate": 94755600000,
      "school": "Leigh High School",
      "degree": "Diploma"
    }
  ],
  "candidateWorkHistory": [
    {
      "startDate": 1262365200000,
      "companyName": "Verips Construction",
      "title": "Customer Service, Prep and Detail",
      "comments": "of single family homes and Multi-Family homes. Continuing quality standards set by contractor to achieve\nquality orientation walk thrus with home owners. Changed out defective lighting fixtures as well as dimmer switches. Resolved basic plumbing defects and complies home owner warrenty packages prior to walk thru."
    },
    {
      "startDate": 1262365200000,
      "endDate": 1262365200000,
      "companyName": "Home Site Services",
      "title": "Customer Service Tech/Prep-Detail",
      "comments": "to 2010\nWorking exclusively for Ponderosa Homes. Detailing single family homes to established standards and also working with Quality Control, to establish quality home building. Also working with other major homes to resolve home-owner concerns due to trade defects or other concerns."
    },
    {
      "startDate": 1136134800000,
      "endDate": 1230829200000,
      "companyName": "Pro-Finish",
      "title": "Customer Service/Prep-Detail",
      "comments": "Worked exclusively for Ponderosa Homes. Detailing homes to company established standards. Worked with the Customer Service Department in resolving home owner concerns."
    },
    {
      "startDate": 1041440400000,
      "endDate": 1136134800000,
      "companyName": "Standard Pacific Homes",
      "title": "New Home Representative",
      "comments": "in charge of new home walks, orientations, and the delivery of the home to the Buyers. In charge of corporate walk through, coordinated Sub Contractor Schedules to meet deadlines and cost expenditures.\nPromoted to Quality Assurance Inspector, and Corporate Trainer in the Field for the back end of home\nconstruction."
    },
    {
      "startDate": 978368400000,
      "endDate": 1041440400000,
      "companyName": "Signature Properties",
      "title": "Assistant Superintendent",
      "comments": "Run Back End in Single and Multiple   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\nContractor Schedules to meet deadlines and cost expenditures."
    },
    {
      "startDate": 946746000000,
      "endDate": 978368400000,
      "companyName": "William Lyons Homes",
      "title": "Customer Service Representative",
      "comments": "Conducted Home Owner Walk Throughs. Scheduled Sub Contractor to resolve issues from Home Owner\nWalk as well as Customer Service items."
    }
  ],
  "skillList": [
    "TRADE",
    "BACK END",
    "PREP",
    "TOOL & DIES",
    "FIXTURES",
    "ENERGY",
    "NETWORK",
    "CUSTOMER SERVICE",
    "RECRUITED",
    "FOR",
    "TRAINED",
    "QUALITY CONTROL",
    "EN",
    "WELLS",
    "ORIENTATION",
    "ASSURANCE",
    "RECRUITING",
    "COMMUNICATION",
    "CONTROL",
    "SAN",
    "SINGLE FAMILY HOMES",
    "QUALITY ASSURANCE",
    "BLUE",
    "ROUTERS",
    "STANDARDS",
    "STYRENE ACRYLONITRILE",
    "COMMUNICATIONS",
    "LIGHTING",
    "BASIC",
    "FAMILY",
    "COST",
    "BUILDING",
    "DUE",
    "COMMUNICATION SKILLS",
    "SCIENCE",
    "MULTI-FAMILY",
    "DEFECTS",
    "DRUG USE EVALUATION",
    "PHARMACEUTICALS",
    "WELL",
    "CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT",
    "PIPES",
    "TRAINING",
    "SATISFACTION",
    "SWITCHES",
    "CONSTRUCTION",
    "RESOLVE",
    "HAS",
    "MULTI",
    "HOME"
  ],
  "primarySkills": [
    {
      "name": "Plumbing",
      "id": 1000006
    }
  ]
}
jenmays wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 am 2. It looks like the startDate for the high school reference has a negative integer. That could be the reason why it wasn't updated.

Nope, this is the format how bullhorn return timestamps, something like epoch time.
Btw I think I've solved this problem, instead of using POST I'm using PUT to create those "sub entities".