Getting Skills from Job II track?

Forum for users and developers of Bullhorn's API service.

Moderators: StaffingSupport, s.emmons, BullhornSupport

millermultimedia
User

Getting Skills from Job II track?

Post by millermultimedia »

Hello,
I am running a JobOrder query and have run into an issue I have been unable to resolve after reading through all of the API documentation. The issue is that my client has defined a picker for the "skills" field in the "Job II" track, while at the same time having a skills field in the "Job I" track which has not been set up. When I run my JobOrder query, I get all of the data from "Job I" including the empty skills results: "skills":{"total":0,"data":[]}. I can see the skills from Job II through the Bullhorn interface and know that they are set although I have been unable to figure out how to adjust my query to target the Job II track for this one field. Can someone tell me how I need to modify my query to select the correct skills field? Here is a simplified version of the JobOrder query I am running.

search/JobOrder?query=(isOpen:true%20AND%20isDeleted:false)&fields="'id','title','publishedCategory(id,name)','skills'"&count=$number&sort=id&start=0&BhRestToken=[redacted]

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
--Gary
millermultimedia
User

Re: Getting Skills from Job II track?

Post by millermultimedia »

After quite a bit of trial and error I was able to resolve the issue with getting empty results when I queried Certifications and Skills. Instead of looking up those fields directly I found I had to query skillList and CertificationList. These two fields return arrays with the correct information.